Thursday, April 12

Minus the Bear - The Fix




This is the second release from a band called Minus the Bear. It's kind of old, like 2005. If you're curious Menos el Oso also translates into "minus the bear" (oh, so clever). Anyways, they're in what I would classify as the range of indie bands.

However, even if you don't normally think that you like indie music, check this song out. I'm not always a huge fan myself, some of it is just too dark, boring, etc. But these guys have a crazy style that I like a lot more than most other bands in the genre.

You really have to give it a listen, the noodly guitar riffs, the relatively quiet vocals and the simple drums have a certain appeal to them. It's good music if you're just looking to chill out and do some homework.

When I first listened to them, I was only into a few of the songs, but it all grew on me. Next thing I knew I was trying desperately to find all that I could, which ended up being the previous release Highly Refined Pirates and the 2007 release after it called Planet of Ice. They also have one more new album titled Omni.

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment