Friday, April 13

The Weeknd - The Birds Pt. 1


If you haven't ever listened to The Weeknd, you're definitely missing out. I don't usually rock out this type of music, but something about this just makes me listen. I honestly first heard him when he was featured on a couple of other artists' songs and didn't think much of it.

The beat is chill, he's got a good voice, it's a good song if you're just chillin' out. To be fair, I'm pretty new to him myself and haven't listened to everything, and I doubt I will like all of it. It's some smooth R&B sound that is good for the right moment, but personally, I won't be listening to it all day and all night.

If you really listen to most of The Weeknd's stuff, it's in the same style of Drake's self-examination about how shallow wealth and fame are, but it's much darker. His songs are more along the lines of talking to the world about using booze and drugs to coerce girls into group sex and the like. So it might not be for everyone, but maybe it is.

This song is one of the more moderate of the bunch.

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment