Saturday, April 14

The Grouch - Whatever I Say


I'm in a really good mood today. That means that I'm going to share a song that will put YOU in a good mood, too! I really love The Grouch. I was first introduced to him when he was a part of Living Legends (group based out of the Bay area of Cali), and I thought he was tight as hell.

His lyrics are always smart, poetic, witty and actually have meaning (gasp), he's one of my all-time favorite rappers. He's also one of the dopest people ever, has a wife, two kids, and still does his thing, slammin' hard all around the country on tour. If you were at Soundset last year you got a chance to listen to him with the Zion-I crew, and if you haven't heard of any of this, you're really missing out.

As the intro says, this sounds like some of that old school synthesized loveliness!

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment